The Windows Saga Continues
Wednesday, January 28 2015 @ 04:36 MST
Contributed by: evilscientist
So the continuing tribulations of getting my imager to work with our tablet.
So the tablet has now reverted itself back to Windows 8. The process to use the astroimager is now:
- Find USB keyboard to hook up to tablet (Bluetooth isn’t enabled at start-up)
- Turn on tablet
- Go to Change PC Settings
- Click on general
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on advanced boot
- After reboot click on troubleshooting
- Select startup settings.
- another restart
- press 7 to disable driver signature checking
- wait for machine to finish booting
- sign in
- detach keyboard
- attach astroimager, wait for machine to reinstall driver
At this point you can actually use the imager. If for any reason the machine turns off, you’ll have to go through the process again. From this I can conclude the engineers at Microsoft a)never have to do anything in the field and b) are morons. As far as I can tell Windows is the only operating system that, when a USB device is removed, assumes you’re never going to use it again and uninstalls the driver. What a load of manure. As it stands I now have to lug a physical keyboard into the field (defeating the purpose of a tablet) and plan at least an additional 30-40 minutes of set up just because Microsoft has no clue.